Join a League Today!!
Why join a league?
- More than 25% of Americans bowl each year (over 66 million people), making it the #1 participation sport in the nation!
- Because of the handicap system, you don't have to be great in order to compete and have fun. A common misconception is that you have to be really good and a serious bowler in order to participate in leagues. League bowling is for anyone who wants to socialize and have fun while playing and getting some exercise.
- It's a great way to socialize and make friends in a competitive sport.
- Almost anyone can bowl, even if you have a disability. W. R. Stevens, one of Brigham City's first league bowlers in 1906, had just one arm and was one of the top bowlers in Northern Utah. In spite of his disability, he still had an average over 160! This is even more impressive when you consider that this was using a wood ball and was before oil patterns and improvements in ball design made it easier to get high scores. Back then, it was difficult getting over 200, with 207 being the highest recorded score I could find in Northern Utah.
- Bowling is great exercise! During a 3-game series (common format for leagues), the average person will have walked over half a mile. Using a 16lb ball, you will have swung an average of 864lb (432 pounds with an 8lb ball). The average bowler will burn between 170 and 300 calories in that time.
For details about our leagues or to join a league, click here.